Salmon Falls Sangha
formerly... CENTRAL VERMONT SANGHA.
A Drikung Kagyu • Karma Kagyu Tibetan Buddhist meditation & Study community
Check the map on the "Contact Us" page. Amtrak stops at nearby Montpelier, VT and airlines serve Burlington, VT (39 miles away). We are easily accessible by car from Montréal and Boston via Interstate 89, Exit 8. Route 2 connects Plainfield to Montpelier & St. Johnsbury, VT.
Visitors are welcome to contact us for a list of comfortable bed & breakfast inns and small hotels in a 15-mile radius of Dara Gur. Plainfield hosts several full-menu restaurants plus an excellent food co-op. Montpelier & Barre restaurants are only 11 miles away.
TRAVEL TO & VISITING SALMON FALLS SANGHA
Dara Gur's new Plainfield village addition for music, workshops & Buddhist practice
After re-locating back to central Vermont from Shelburne Falls, MA and Brattleboro, VT, we are happy to announce the near-completion of our new practice & study environment in the wonderful little village of Plainfield, near Goddard College.
On the physical side we have installed handicapped-accessible ramps and bathroom, as well as enlarged the kitchen, added a private dining-room & guest bedroom for visiting teachers, and enhanced the building's heating, cooling & weather protection.
We have also added a projection system, provided easy pass-out of food to the (to-be-constructed) rear deck & yard, and added better drainage plus six parking spaces. We thank all our contractors (Rogen Design Build & Greg Wright), family, helpers & volunteers who have made this project possible.
Our quiet neighbourhood is readily accessible in all seasons from Rte. 2 in Vermont, has a brook across the road, and is sheltered by massive oak trees and adjacent woods.
SALMON FALLS SANGHA
at "Dara Gur" 123 Hudson Avenue, Plainfield, VT.
Khenchen Konchog Gyaltshen Rinpoche illustrates a point (E. Hubbard photo).
• Individual Meditation Instruction adopting a samatha (calm-abiding) approach to posture & breath.
• Meditation & practice support... mutual inquiry into the forces at work in your individual life.
• Marriages and other transitional events... personalised rituals of commitment, arrival & departure.
• End-of-life support... readings, conversation & visualisations for a peaceful release into death.
• Study groups and visiting teacher workshops... bringing together a traditional Buddhist perspective with the socially complex & sometimes dysfunctional Western society we all share.
• Social gatherings... films, group dinners, art & history seminars, and other stimulating events.
• Astrology-based counseling & inquiry. Ngakpa KJT is a skilled astrologer with many years of experience. In addition he holds a graduate degree in clinical psychology.
Salmon Falls Sangha moved into our new building in mid-2014. In 2015, and after we stabilise our physical environment, this page will announce our weekly and monthly events for public participation. Visiting teachers will be invited to lead workshops & to introduce core practices as often as their international tour schedules permit.
October 31 Group Session
Inviting all northern Vermont Buddhist friends & interested students to a working session to plan for winter, sit together, and a potluck lunch
10:00 am to 12:30 pm, at Plainfield (VT) Friends Meeting House, Martin Meadow Rd., Plainfield
Call 802-454-1203 for details & directions.
Parking at Dara Gur is intentionally limited for the use of house residents, visiting teachers & persons with mobility handicaps. All other persons please inquire about nearby public parking.
call for info.
Salmon Falls Sangha © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.